We are seasoned entrepreneurs and investors that utilize strategic capital and expertise to help companies take the next step. We’ve started and grown businesses, advised growing startups and been in the trenches; we understand the needs of entrepreneurs and managers. Astera Capital focuses on opportunities where we can add strategic and financial value that delivers transformational impact to companies.
Astera Capital likes to roll up our sleeves and work with our portfolio companies to help solve their most pressing issues, accelerate growth and profitability.
Our global relationships and co-investors spanning senior executives, entrepreneurs, heads of family offices, and governments allow us to connect our portfolio companies to global enterprises for business development or strategic partnerships.
Underlying our investment approach is synergy with the entrepreneurs and management teams. We understand that the best of plans do not always unfold as we expect. We strive to remain strongly supportive and maintain a long-term, objective perspective.
Ready for take off
Astera Capital partners with growth companies that have received strong customer validation, market/industry traction, have started to generate revenues and are ready to scale their business. We bring years of experience working with emerging companies including scaling our own businesses and extensive industry relationships to help you accelerate your business success.
- Forefront of major global growth opportunity
- Secured multiple key customer relationships
- Sustainable and defensible value proposition backed by strong IP portfolio
- Pre/Series A
- ARR run rate of at-least $1M
- Preference for business models with recurring revenue streams
Ready to take the next step
Astera Capital invests in small to mid-market businesses with a strong track record of performance and solid fundamentals for continued growth. We partner with entrepreneurs to take their company to the next step or help with succession planning. In addition to capital, we bring our years of experience, expertise, and global relationships to help our partners succeed.
- Business is benefitting from a secular growth trend
- Scalable business model with long standing customer relationships, repeat business, and strong competitive positioning
- Solid financial performance across multiple economic cycles
- Potential to accelerate growth and/or further enhance business performance
- Revenues in the range of $5M to $40M
- EBITDA in the range of $1M to $10M
- Diversified and repeat customer base
- Entrepreneur or management team looking for growth capital to take the business into the next stage including funding tuck-in acquisitions
- Owners looking to exit the business that has a strong pool of managers ready to take on a greater role
- Management Buyouts
Parminder is an experienced entrepreneur having built start-ups with multiple successful exits. His passion is assembling great teams that can execute from closing complex sales, maintaining financial discipline, and delivering solutions that create customer value.
Parminder’s last exit was to sell Willis Energy Services, a technology enabled platform supporting energy acquisition and customer engagement for electric and gas utilities, to CLEAResult Holdings backed by General Catalyst. Parminder joined the board of CLEAResult and headed Canadian operations until the subsequent sale to General Atlantic.
Parminder is now focusing on leveraging his experience to support entrepreneurs on their journeys to build great businesses. He has Bachelor of Electrical Engineering from the University of Victoria.